Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sweet People

The first time Brent, my roommate here in Budapest, said the phrase "sweet people," I probably rolled my eyes. But by the third time he'd thrown out a sentence like "my friends are sweet people," I couldn't help but smile, reluctantly swayed to a favored new phrase.

And those I'm meeting most certainly are sweet people. This morning started fairly lonely, I trampled alone up a hill...in the rain...to see a fort. But by evening time the collegium was alive with future teachers of English. They seem amazing and remind me of the sweet people I've meet on the road to the right here, right now. Chad has Tim Schwartz's infectious creative energy. Kat is Heather Jordan in all the good ways and has Jenny Reidy's wonderfulness. Liz has Megan's smile and borrows everything else from H. Emily is Gabby and Bumble mixed into one. And Gaines is most certainly an elder Emmaline, albeit with a little Lindsay Featherstone sprinkled in for good measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home