Saturday, August 27, 2005

No Pictures, but (the Book) has Words!

What I think I might just miss most about Budapest when we leave tomorrow, as I told Kat, is laughing with all these wonderful people.

Who knows if our inside jokes -- the little things, like teaching beginning English speakers about Hindu rebirth and cows -- will transcend our week together. I don't know if anyone other than Mariah and I will ever laugh as hard as we do over the simple thought of collecting swords. And bows. All weapons, most likely.

I hope they all laugh aplenty over the next year as we trade text messages back and forth from our little outposts with witty flashbacks like "Don't beat yourself up if you can't figure out how to grocery shop for the first month."

What great people. If I were a Hungarian child and forced to pick one of them for a year? It'd be a tough choice. Maybe Kat. Maybe Liz. Some darn good options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home