Sunday, September 18, 2005

Good Americans

Gosh, I love good Americans.

Take Gaines, for example. She's the ultimate all-time winner of everything for burning me a CD. That's a precious commodity around here. Now I can jam to American Idiot and Message in a Bottle for hours on end. Thanks darlin'. Plus, many people might get mad at me for constantly demanding a foosball partner or starting a pillow fight at three in the morning. Not Gaines. And I think she might have even enjoyed it.

And Emily? Goodness gracious, this girl knows that there is no better way to make a bunch of English teachers laugh than by letting a vaguely-older Eastern European man make out with you in a bar. And the best part? She was diggin' it.

Kat, too, is a keeper. This woman is so smart that when she sees two subway controllers tackle me and charge me a 2000 forint fine for not having punched my subway ticket, she simply turns, runs and jumps on the subway. Such brilliance!

Laura is so generous that she offered me a piggy back ride during the late-night rendition of Les Miserables that we decided to stage in the middle of Kalocsa. Then she started to spin. I am still inspecting myself for bruises.

NOW READING: Frankenstein and TIME (Sept. 19)
NOW DRINKING: A Portuguese red from the Lake Balaton region
NOW LISTENING TO: Dave Matthews Band's Stand Up
NOW EATING: A large loaf of bread
NOW WEARING: Tan European shoes
NOW WANTING: An old-school communist bike
NOW CURIOUS ABOUT: German parliamentary elections
NOW THINKING: Fall is here

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Gaines said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy! I'm excited to see my prize for being the winner. Get ready for an awesome weekend in Hernadnemeti... (or however you spell/say it).

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Such kind words for everyone else, but I will go down in history as the girl who made out with random Hungarian man. In a bar. In front of half of CETP'05. Oh Emily, you stupid, stupid girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home