Sunday, May 28, 2006

Summer 2006

I have developed a "mild life crush," as I’ve taken to calling it, on mountains and the sea.

They’re both just so good that I find them almost irresistable. I particularily like being sandwiched between the two. The geologic utopia of places like Norwary, Greece and Croatia.

And next, the state of Washington. The summer of 2006.

I’ll be living on an island in a teepee, snuggled between green mountains and the blue sea, inspiring high schoolers to make the most of life, four weeks at a time. My coworker in that mission will be a fantastic Canadian lady.

A new camp, another corner of America. New friends, new stories. Sailboats and kayaks, experiential education and life. Upper-middle class gifted and talented clientle, my specialty. And a new experience, a private camp, complete with four-week stays and uniforms. Robyn says that the later’s a good equalizer when you’re working with "the kids of Russian billionaires, country-clubbers, kids on scholarship, and Orcas locals."

It means flying off two days after I wake up for the first time in a long time on American soil, and there’s an opportunity cost of being gone so soon after being away. But I figure I’ll have plenty of time to grow old just as soon as I matriculate to that looming law school.

Until then, summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home